In an earlier post we talked about the 5 things we need to be well – lets use this lovely-dovey day to reflect on those 5 things and what we can do to help our love for each other grow!
- Have a clear conversation about how you want to handle conflict in the future, establishing “rules of engagement” and a back up plan case someone slips helps to create safety
2. HEALTHY TRIBE
- Show an interest in your loved ones interests
- This sends the message that you want to get to know them, share in their interests
- Or help them connect with other people who share a particular passion of theirs
- Ask them to show you something they are good at, teach you something, or focus on an area where they are particularly gifted
4. MEANING/ LEGACY
- Focus on how you each feel you are contributing to something greater than yourselves (kids, volunteering, etc)
- See if you can share in one of those activities (ie. Make Valentines and bring them to an old folks home together)
- Create something together! Challenge each other.
- This could be through trying a new recipe and making it together or playing DUOLINGO, an app where you can learn a second language and playfully compete against each other
When we meet these needs for ourselves and others, that is LOVE!
Happy Valentine’s Day!