– Everything that you disclose will be kept confidential, adhering to the guidelines of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA)
– We will not speak about your case with anyone outside of your care without your direct permission.
– There are however some LIMITS OF CONFIDENTIALITY, our practitioners are required by law to breech confidentiality if there is:
- IMMINENT RISK of harm to yourself, or someone else
- If there is reason to suspect a CHILD or VULNERABLE PERSON is in danger or is currently in harms way
- If I am requested to do so by a JUDGE or a COURT of LAW
2. CANCELLATIONS, LATE ARRIVALS & NO-SHOWS
For PSYCHIATRY appointments, cancellations with less than 48 hours of advance notice, no shows, and late arrivals are subject to the fees outlined below. This policy is applicable to adults and children, and only under extenuating circumstances whereby a formal document can be provided, will exceptions be made.
- Our practitioners value your time and will do their absolute best to keep our appointments starting and ending on time.
- We expect that you will in turn value our time, and as such attend your appointments as scheduled and on-time
- Should you be unable to attend, the required 48 hours notice is in place in order to allow another patient who is waiting for an appointment an opportunity to do so.
FEES FOR PSYCHIATRY (fees do not include HST):
- $200.00 for missed ADULT appointments (or those that were cancelled with less than 48 hours notice)
- $50/ 15 min of late arrivals for adults patients.
- $220.00 for missed CHILD OR ADOLESCENT <16 yo consultation appointments (or those that were cancelled within 48 hours).
- $55/per 15 minutes of late arrivals for child patients.
For PSYCHOLOGY appointments cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, the client will be charged a fee equivalent to the full session missed ($285 for new assessments; $190 for follow-up sessions).
- This is a strict policy.
- Exceptions only for: unexpected deaths in the family, car accidents or health emergencies (presentation of proof of these events will be required to waive the fee)
- Clients will not be provided with another appointment until they are able to settle your bill or make arrangements for a payment plan.
3. Payment for NON-INSURED SERVICES are due at the time of provision of these services, unless agreed upon otherwise.